пятница, 10 июня 2011 г.

Filo, Milk, Cardamom. And Raspberry.


I had half package of filo pastry after I had made spinach and leek pie. That was my first attempt with filo and I did not know what would be the next one. So I desided to go through the usual way and made milk pie, something on manner ructic gateau with my favorite custard from Gascony Culinary School. I made this Cream Patissière several times and each of my cakes was meet with applause from my guests. Apparently those applause should be addressed to Bernard Corbière who share this lovely recipe between everyone  attending his school. Belive me, it's perfect, I've only add cardamom this time ... cause this was recuired by my imagination ))) 


So for Cream Patissière we need:

1l milk
1/2 cup of sugar or a bit less (100 g)
1/2 stick of butter (50-70 g)
3 eggs
1/3 cup of All Purpose Flour (approx.50g)
1 vanilla bean or 3-5 drops of vanilla extraite 
6-8 cardamom shells with seeds

In a heavy bottom pan mix milk, sugar and butter. Put on a low heat. Add vanilla bean and ground into powder cardamom seeds without shells. Stir, continue to heat but do not let it boil.

Meanwhile mix eggs and flour in a bowl, pour hot milk blend. Put to the medium fire and boil for 2 minutes stirring continuosly.  Set aside.

For rustic gateau:
6-8 filo sheets
40g butter
2-3 tbs of olive oil
raspberry (optionally)

I used silicon pan which was layered with greased parchment paper. Then I spread it with filo sheet, oil it with butter and oil mix, repeat several times trying to set filo sheets crosswise.
Then I poured Cream Patissière over filo, folded the edges up and put it to the preheated to 375F oven for 20 minutes (or untill filo become tanned on it's edges). That is all )))
You can add raspberry before serve this pie, I used frosen, you can use fresh ) Bon appeti )))


Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий